Friday, June 8, 2007

Pinwheels = Summer!

So many things remind me of summer. Pinwheels are one thing as they were always a part of the new season. We'd make them at school, at home, and even buy the plastic variety in stores. I found a bunch of wooden skewers in my husband's cooking supplies, cut squares out of 2-sided scrapbook paper, slit them from corner to (almost) middle, and pushed in a thumbtack to secure the paper to the stick. I put them in a pitcher on a table and they really add a summer feeling to the room. Cost=$0.00

4 comments:

Ginny Gibson said...

Hi there, thanks for coming by my blog, I love to see new visitors.

I was just reading your blog - you look far to young to retire!!!

Your girls look just like you:)

I love pinwheels - I would like a big colourful one in my garden.
Thanks for sharing.

best wishes Ginny (in England)

Pam said...

Hello,

Just dropped in via Pea Soup - was curious to see your socks!

Am sitting at the computer for just a moment to cool down from gardening and have greatly enjoyed reading your words and seeing your pictures. You've made me feel all cheery!

I'm in Edinburgh, by the way, in Scotland. And now I must get back out to the garden.

AMY said...

We're going to make red, white, and blue ones to give away on the fourth of July!

Angie said...

I'm going back and reading old entries. I should be working. . .but I don't want to.