Monday, December 31, 2007

Ring in the New Year with...
Love
Joy
Acceptance
Patience
Kindness
Faith
Giving
And MAKE 2008 a wonderful year!
The little bell in the photo is only about an inch tall and has hung on our tree for 38 years.
Always a story...
In 1969 my mom and I went to Vienna.
My wonderful mom kept putting coins in my coat pockets so that I could stop and buy tree ornaments as a remembrance of our adventure. Most of them have lasted through the years... a few have disappeared. But the memories of those happy days being together, strolling the streets, looking in shop windows, and nibbling warm roasted chestnuts, will remain forever.
~~Have a safe and wonderful evening.
Make this a great year for you and your family!~~
Love from Joni, Boyd, and Gabby Cat

7 comments:

Locket Pocket said...

Have a lovely evening and a super 2008! Lots of love Lucy x

dutchcomfort said...

Have a wonderful New Year’s Eve and a splendid 2008!!! We have started the New Year with some champaign! Lots of fireworks in the neighourhood. We didn’t buy any this year. Midas is doing fine, not hiding at all!!

Wanda said...

The bell is precious. Happy New Year to you and your family. I trust the new year will be as Special as you are!!!

Junie Moon said...

Happy New Year to you and your family, Joni!

Angie said...

Thank you for coming into my life this past year. You have been an amazing encourager to me.

I truly hope that 2008 brings our paths together. It's not that far of a stretch. . . .

Thanks for challenging me to be creative. Thanks for challenging me to be the best Mom I can be to my kids.

.....and thanks for those precious phone calls during Caroline's naps. I have to confess. . .I've been meaning to call you, but I've lost your phone number. (oops!)

Love you... Happy New Year!!

Helen said...

Happy new year to you my friend. Love this new look and the story of the ornaments is wonderful. The photo is perfect 10/10!! Here is hoping this new year brings many wondrous things into your life.

Pam said...

Happy New Year, Joni! I love your bell and your happy memories.