Friday, December 28, 2007

Comments I recorded during gift opening...

Joni said (looking at photos in the camera),
" Why didn't somebody tell me that this scarf makes my face look so fat? My diet starts January first!!"
Said every year at Christmas time. This year I blamed it on the scarf.

Wendy said, " Now, gift cards are my kind of present. Way to go, Kristin!"


Kristin said, "Hey, Wen... these Lily P. pants will match your Lily P. wedding!"



Joni said, "Wendy, you always find the best wrapping paper!"
And she does!



Kristin said, "I saw this on the Today Show. Are you expecting me to drive off a bridge?"


Wendy said through gritted teeth, "Kristin... in what way do you connect me with Frango mints?"




Someone said loudly, "Do we have to listen to that movie one more time?"



Kristin said, "Hey look... the Lily P shoes fit perfectly! I wonder how they'll work out there in the snow drifts?"



Boyd said, "Nice! They'll go really well with my 'Mr. Mistletoe' pajamas!"

Heard this morning.
Joni said, "WOW... is it quiet today. I think I'll go put together something for my blog!"
And I did. And it feels so good to be back.


Just a sample of Christmas highlights with the girls.
What fun they are... and how hard we laughed!!


Today they went to Chicago to stay at Kristin's overnight as they fly out of Chicago to warm Arizona tomorrow.
At this moment they are walking down Michigan Ave. visiting lots of neat stores and drinking Lattes.

I love you two!!
Thanks for the wonderful holiday!
~Mom

And to my blog friends... I thought about so many of you during the break.
So many of you have become such a part of my life.
Hugs from the heart,
~Joni


TRIVIA:
Wendy's wedding is 6 months from today.


TOMORROW'S POST:
A package from a swap partner.

9 comments:

Molly said...

June 28 is a great date for a wedding...our anniversary, as well! Thanks for all the Christmas crafty ideas...tried some with my girls and we had a blast! I enjoy reading your blog and being inspired to try new things! Thanks for sharing!

Helen said...

What a great fun blog my friend....I felt like I was sitting on the sofa beside you all! But the commentary....now that made me smile...and Boyd's shoes - hehehehe! Glad to see you back blogging my dear friend. (((HUGS)))

kirsten said...

Happy Christmas, Sweet Joni! You and your girls are all so gorgeous!

Wanda said...

Darling pictures. You look adorable, skarf and all! What a sweet face and smile you have. It just makes me feel warm and loved!

Angie said...

Hi, my friend. This was a great "re-entry" that you posted.

Loved seeing the girls' pictures. I will blog tomorrow. Far too tired tonight. . . but I survived the big soiree for our pastor & his wife.

Love to you all.....

Junie Moon said...

I love your post--it sounds like you all had a wondrously happy Christmas together. And that's how it should be!

Locket Pocket said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely time with your girls Joni! You look lovely in your scarf! Lucy x

dutchcomfort said...

I love your new header and your new haircut!! All the photos of your Holiday celebration with your beautiful girls look so wonderful! Your notes are very funny!!

melanie said...

great xmas pics - love how you recorded the conversation too! in our house it's silent but for the sound of paper ripping.