Christmas Card Holder
Through the years I have displayed our Christmas cards in a variety of ways.
This has proved successful the past few years.
1. As cards arrive, I punch a hole in the upper left corner.
2. I put a metal ring through the holes to hold them together.
3. I tied red and green ribbons on the metal ring to cover it and give it a festive touch.
4. A ribbon looped through the ring and tied in a bow provides a hanger for the card holder.
5. As cards arrive throughout the season, punch a hole in the card, open the ring in the back & slip it on.
6. Hang it anyplace!
It's so easy to add them to the ring.
This idea can be used with any type of cards.
These are cards from my daughters. So many of them are handmade.
I can't bear to throw them away and have kept them on a ring for years.
This ring hangs on a hook screwed into a shelf above my desk.
Every now and then I take them down and look at them or read the precious notes inside.
Metal rings come in a variety of sizes. As your collection grows... add a larger ring.
I know you well enough that someone is thinking, "I wish I could see what those dishes look like in the top picture. OK... here they are! Did I mention how much I love dishes and how many I have?
Most of them are changed seasonally... except the bottom dishes which I hand-carried home from Positano, Italy. My friend Lyn and I met 2 of our other girlfriends there and traveled the country side for a month. Of course I found the dishes during the first week and carried them for 3 more weeks.
Not a wise idea!!!
The book on the top is Susan Branch's Christmas book.
"Oh bed! Oh bed! Delicious bed.
That heaven on earth to the weary head".