Wednesday, December 5, 2007

An idea a day... #3

A quick and simple-to-make ornament!
As we wandered through Pottery Barn in Phoenix... I put on my breaks and pulled out my camera.
Oooooooooo... darling ornaments (see: tree below) that could be put together quickly and easily and made in any color and size.
I bought one for a friend... wanted to check it out close-up.
1. A Styrofoam ball
2. Grosgrain ribbon wrapped and pinned (small craft pins) at the top and the bottom.
3. Contrasting ribbon around 'the equator'.
4. Narrow rick rack above and below the center ribbon.
5. Bow and ribbon hanger on top to hang.
Look at how inviting the ornament looks at each persons place at the table... tied to a Christmas CD.
Here is a photo of the table in its entirety.
Only one runner.

Here are some ornaments hanging on their tree.
Kids could make them if the ribbon was pre-cut.
These don't have bows on the top... I'd want to have a bow.

A fun family project!



"Savor the moments that are warm and special and giggly."
~Sammy Davis Jr.


8 comments:

Angie said...

What a fun, wonderful idea! Now I need to go get some ribbon.

Oh, and I need to take pictures of my button trees. Maybe after the doctor appointment today.

Sigh.

Helen said...

What an abundance of colour and ideas....it looks fabulous Joni. I also love your new inclusion of a quote. Off to see the big FC today...stay tuned for photo ;)

dutchcomfort said...

Wonderful ideas Joni! I love the table setting!!
I’ve had computer problems/issues the last three days, so I have some catching up to do!

melanie said...

fabulous idea - my friend nicole made some of those too. thanks for all the fun ideas!
mel

Junie Moon said...

What great ornaments--they look lovely at the place settings. I also love the polka dot CD labels--I'm going to figure out how to make my own.

Locket Pocket said...

Those place settings look gorgeous - very you colours with the red and green - similar to your duvet cover?

Sheri said...

The decorations are lovely. Love the table setting.
Sheri

Anina said...

Thanks for the inspiration! The table setting is amazing.