Friday, December 14, 2007

An idea a day... #11

~A Special Christmas Chair~
I always keep my eyes open for inexpensive wooden chairs at garage sales, etc.
I picked this chair up for $5.00, sanded it, and painted it with red spray paint.
I decorated it with paint pens, acrylic paints, and a black Sharpie marker.
The photo is a bit blurry but if you click on it you should be able to see some of the details.
Each Christmas the chair was brought up from the basement to find its place in some cozy corner of the house.
This year it has moved to my daughter's house in Phoenix.
It's so filled with memories.
This chair is only a few years old and is packed away with the Christmas decorations
until the house is transformed for the holiday season.
I added a sprig of holly and polka dot ribbon for a touch of color.

"Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles".
~Author Unknown
Love to you all!
~joni

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty chairs. You do nice work. You always have such neat ideas.

Angie said...

These are wonderful. I want to come over to your house for Christmas. Can I?

Sheri said...

I love the chairs! What an orginal decorating idea.
Sheri

hetty said...

I love those chairs! Great ideas! I found an old chair at the side of the road in someone's garbage a few years ago. I stripped it and wanted to paint it for my daughter's classroom. It was going to be an 'authors' chair, where students could sit when they read their stories to the rest of the class. I did not finish it! But now, with your inspiration, I think I will now!

Helen said...

A wreath of smiles to you Grammy J!!!!!! Those chairs are so festive and beautiful! You - Joni - are the eight great wonder of the world. Have a wonderful weekend.

ps. I am with Angie....can I come over for Christmas - lol!

Baboona said...

hello Joni!!
I love those chairs !! You are so creative ...love ur ideas and keep it up :)

Wanda said...

Very cute, I have a little green wooden chair they were tossing out at Sunday School when they replaced them with plastic!!
I think I will paint it for Christmas!! Good idea.

Pam said...

Another lovely idea, though I think I may now understand how you manage to store such a lot of seasonal accessories. American houses have basements. Aha. British houses have cupboards - no room for Hallowe'en pillowcases and Christmas chairs.

I wonder what those things plugged into the socket in the second picture are. Very mysterious.

Hope you and Boyd are improving, health-wise.

Thimbleanna said...

Great chairs Joni! These ideas a day are so fun!

Junie Moon said...

What fantastic chairs--I love them and it's so nice that your daughter has one to cherish, too.