Saturday, December 8, 2007

An idea a day... #6

A Quick Picture
I needed a picture for above my Christmas polka dot towels in the guest bathroom.
I tried several pictures I had and nothing looked right.
I remembered a Christmas card with positive/negative trees on it that I had seen somewhere.
1. Cut a background piece of scrapbook paper to fit a frame (I have quite a stash of frames).
2. Cut a rectangle of white paper that will fit into one half of the frame.
3. Carefully cut an abstract tree from the white paper (I use small manicure scissors).
4. Glue the negative tree and the positive tree side-by-side.
5. Cut 2 circles and glue above tree tops.
6. Frame
DONE!!
I wanted to share how the finished product looks above the polka dot towels.
I may lower the picture a bit... or hang a small red heart
between the bottom of the frame and the towels.

Such fun!
"A merry heart doeth good like medicine".
~Proverbs 17:22





7 comments:

Angie said...

Holy Polka Dots, Batman! That is gorgeous!!

I'm trying to get some last-minute work done for our services tomorrow. I'm so tired, I can't see straight.

Thanks for posting this -- and for the sweet note on my blog.

Angie

Junie Moon said...

The picture and the towels are adorable--both set off each other wonderfully well.

Wanda said...

How perfect the picture works with the towels in your guest bath. Was glad to read your comment on my blog and that you are doing well!!! Yeah!

dutchcomfort said...

Polka Dot Lady! I love this idea. The combination with the towels is great!

Anonymous said...

I love the towels. Very creative with the picture. They are lovely together.

BarbO said...

Joni, that is so cute! You and Wendy really have me gearing up for a "creative" period of my life, even though it will be copy cat, rather than original creativity!

Barb

Helen said...

Aaaah Joni! I am loving your blog more than usual. All these ideas and inspiring thoughts. Just the boost I need as I race around these days. Time out with you is tonic for my soul. Thank you.