A FELT TREE
This was a 'quickie' that I made yesterday afternoon.
It's not perfect... I can see mistakes in the photo that don't seem to show up on the shelf.
But... it was fun to make.
This is what I did... you could do ANYTHING with the basic idea.
1. Cut 2 triangles or tree shapes from felt.
2. I sewed on scraps of green print ribbon... diagonally.
3. I sewed a variety of beads 'on and between' ribbon pieces.
4. Using a button hole stitch and embroidery thread, I stitched along the long sides.
5. Put a dowel into a wooden wheel and painted them... black.
6. I put the dowel into the tree until it hit the peak and stuffed the tree around the dowel.
7. Added a ribbon, tied to represent a star, to the tree top.
I think it would look best in a group of 3 different heights, colors, and styles.
I'll have to get sewing today!