Saturday, December 22, 2007

An idea a day... SHOP!!

Last Minute Shopping
I really did try to make my cards, make some gifts, and shop on Etsy (the gnome on my header is from Etsy).
However... there are those times when I feel I need to support our local small businesses.
I worked in a local gallery before I went back to teaching. I knew how important the jingle of the bell on the door was when someone walked in.
Did you see 'You've Got Mail' with her Shop Around the Corner??
That said it all!!
I had my hair cut today... almost shoulder length on the sides and shorter in the back.
Hmmm... I like it!
The best part of getting my hair cut is the cute shop next door. I came home with 2 shopping bags.
I had to share this cute HAT lamp with you. I mean if you're going to shop, then share!
It reminded me of something from 'The Grinch' movie. It's all crooked and has a bell on the tip of the hat.
I have it in the guest bathroom for a night light... pretty big night light!
I love whimsical things... and this certainly qualifies!

HO! HO! HO!

Christmas Hugs to all of you!





10 comments:

Angie said...

How cute! I love shops like that. I feel the same way about supporting small businesses. I swear "You've Got Mail" made me want to go out and buy a bookstore.

Looks like you had fun.

NOW WHERE IS THE PICTURE OF YOU WITH YOUR NEW HAIRCUT?!?!?!

Wanda said...

Hi and Merry Christmas, and YES, we want to see the new haircut.

One of my favorite movies of all times....that and Sleepless in Seattle!

Thimbleanna said...

Very, very cute Joni! I love whimsical too -- the more the better. Have a Very Merry Christmas dear Yummers!!!!

dutchcomfort said...

Your blog header looks great with the gnome! Supporting small businesses is the best you can do to prevent all the big on es to take over! I LOVE the lamp!!!

KC Quilter said...

Right back at ya, Joni!!! Hope your holidays are the merriest ever.

corry said...

I like your new blog header and the lamp really is wonderful! I wish you and your family a merry Christmas Joni.

Pam said...

Oh yes, that lamp is lovely.

Happy Christmas from Scotland!

Wendy said...

Wow cute lamp!! There is nothing better in my book than having a Great Haircut either...
I agree with your comment regarding buying and spending with the small business owners in your local community!! The large corporations just don't offer the personal service either....Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Locket Pocket said...

Have a very merry Christmas Joni! thanks for all your love and support of my blog over the last few months! Looking forward to 2008! Lucy xxx

Pat said...

Love that lamp!!!