Wednesday, December 12, 2007

An idea a day... #9

Quick Tree Garlands
1. Punch circles out of colored cardstock with a circle punch.
2. Use a very heavy thread to stick them on.
3. Attach circles to the thread with smaller gummed round stickers.
4. Just stick them on randomly... no pattern required.
5. Tie a loop at each end of the thread.
Quick, easy, and colorful!
Hang them from branch to branch.
Up and down and all around. No symmetry here!!

Sing: "Oh, Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree..."
and
do the Christmas tree dance!!

"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree.


In the eyes of children, they are all


30 feet tall".


~Larry Wilde


The Merry Book of Christmas








11 comments:

Anina said...

I love all your ideas. Do you perhaps have a mantel idea? I'm completely stumped this year.

Angie said...

That is too cute for words. If your string was heavy enough, you could glue/secure two buttons back to back as well.

Hmmmmmmmm. .. .that gives me an idea. Of course, I'm at work (bah humbug!)

: )

Locket Pocket said...

That's a great idea Joni - definitely one to try with the children - now all I need to do is find a cutter! Lucy x

Anonymous said...

I just love your blog. You are just too crafty.

Pam said...

Very pretty indeed, and I do indeed feel better now that you've told me the secret about that picture of your tree. Actually, I'd just been wondering about doing the same myself... I won't tell...!

Helen said...

Love that quote and love your Christmas tree!!!

Nan said...

Thank you for the peek at your tree, I love seeing how different people decorate! You do a splendid job, as usual!!!

Junie Moon said...

What an awesome garland--I just love it!

By the way, I made my husband go with me to the office supply store last night and we purchased a rolodex so I can start working on that great organizing idea you shared with us.

Tracy said...

Terrific garland idea---looks like the stuff of sugarplum dreams! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Cheryl Arkison said...

Wow, I love this! Thanks for so many great ideas.

Wendy said...

What a beautiful magical tree!! I loved the quote too!!