Organizing Ideas and Inspiration
Through the years I have tried so many ways of organizing ideas that I see in magazines, catalogs, and online.
This is what is working for me right now... a large Rolodex.
1. I divided the Rolodex into sections by stapling a small piece of wide ribbon at the bottom of the card at the beginning of each section.
2. I glued a picture or small photo of the idea on the page and added thoughts I had about the item, etc.
3. I added comments on the card if I made the item and the date.
I can flip through the cards to get inspired to create something...
or look for a particular picture to remind me of the details.
I'll gladly give you mine".
1. As I'm reading blogs and am inspired by an idea, I save the photo to a picture folder.
2. Using Photoshop, I organize the photos on a contact sheet to get them small enough to fit on a Rolodex card.
3 Print out (I do use photo paper with most as the colors and details are so clear).
4. Cut out, paste on card, and comment.
If I see something in a catalog, I usually go online and save the online picture to a folder.
Then... everything fits and is the right size.