Friday, December 7, 2007

An idea a day... #5

Handmade Christmas Cards
I bought this cute cat and dog fabric just because it was cute.
Yesterday, as I was looking at my Christmas fabric stash I had an idea.
And it worked!!
Just cut, sew, and add a ribbon.
They're ready for a personalized Christmas greeting inside.

I have many more cut out... will sew them this morning.

I made these cards earlier.
They're just made from my scrapbook supplies.
I don't like repetition... so they're all different.
Actually, I have a whole basket full of them... as our card list seems to grow each year.

I hope you're all enjoying this Christmas prep time.
My feeling of panic is gone and I've slipped into an excitement mode.
When stressed remember...
"A good laugh is sunshine in a house".
~William M Thackery







9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks Joni, you have such wonderful ideas! The cards look great. Have fun with the Christmas preps. Can’t wait to see what you’re up to tomorrow!

Locket Pocket said...

You've obviously been very busy lately Joni! Lovely stuff! Lucy x

Angie said...

Love the fabric cards! We 'bugged' out because we had a power outage for a few hours.

I went to Hobby Lobby and A.C. moor (same family as Michael's!) Lots of fun treasures to play with!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, what a clever idea with your fabric stash.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards, what a clever idea with your fabric stash.

Anina said...

What a wonderful idea! My Christmas cards all look the same and aren't nearly as creative as this.

melanie said...

Wow - another fab idea. This one I think even I can do :)
mel

Thimbleanna said...

I swear Joni -- you find the most adorable fabric!

Helen said...

NO way!!!!!! That idea was brilliant! Superb cards!