My Favorite Chicken Recipe
One of my daughters just asked for this recipe. I emailed it to her and thought I would share it with all of you. I lifted it from Julia Child years ago and have changed it thru the years until I have it just the way we like it. It's so tasty and makes your house smell YUMMY!
"Christmas in July" Chicken(Ingredients in 'bold')
1. Pound flat with a mallet, 6 skinned and boned chicken breast halves.
2. Spread each breast with a generous amount of Grey Poupon mustard.
3. Sprinkle generously with salt, ground pepper, basil, and oregano.
4. In the center of each flattened chix breast put a few tablespoons of shredded mozzarella cheese. If you can find 'smoked mozzarella cheese, it's even better!
5. Roll each chicken breast into a tight log shape and try to tuck in the ends.
6. Roll each breast in flour and continue to tuck in the floured ends as you roll them. If you want to refrigerate them, you can do so at this point.
7. Sauté the breasts in olive oil in a large frying pan.
8. When the chicken is almost done, transfer it to a plate.
9. Add olive oil to the pan or 1/2 stick of butter to the frying pan and with a wooden spoon scrape up all of the particles and drippings into the oil.
10. Add a pound of sliced mushrooms, a bunch of sliced green onions, and sauté in frying pan.
11. When the veggies are almost done, add 2 large chopped tomatoes. Do Not cook tomatoes... just heat them.
12. Add a few 'glugs' of white wine and again, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano to taste.
13. Return chicken to the mixture in the frying pan and simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
14. Serve over angel hair pasta that has been tossed with a small amount of olive oil or your favorite rice mixture.
It is yummers!
PS 'Nameless doll' will model her new clothes tomorrow... and the contest is still open until then.