Wednesday, February 13, 2008

~A BOOK MEME~
I was tagged by Angie for a Book Meme.
It sounds like fun as I love anything to do with books.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book ( of at least 123 pages).
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people & post a comment here once you
post it to your blog, so I can come see.
I grabbed The Zookeeper's Wife: A war Story as I had
just set it down next to the computer. I'm on my way to bed
to read, for an hour or so.

"(1)What a heavy burden for a small child!
(2)Full of intrigue and exciting as his world had become,
with a hodgepodge of eccentric people and dramas,
he dared not tell a soul. (3)Small wonder he grew
more anxious and worried each day,
a fate Antonina lamented in her memoirs,
but what could she do when all the adults were anxious
and worried, too?

And I'm tagging Mel from Lit Chick
and anyone else who reads books other than children's lit.
Just copy the 5 rules and go to it!!

See you tomorrow to show you my latest fun
purchase.

Joni

6 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so glad you did this!!! We're back home, and it's so good to be back in my house.

melanie said...

thanks for the tag - i've posted mine. so come on over.
i have to admit, i was nervous that it would have naughty bits, but thankfully it's clean :)
happy chocolate day!!

Junie Moon said...

Great meme, Joni! I think I'll curl up this afternoon with my book, too.

Anina said...

I'm putting this one on my "to read" list.

Helen said...

I love this tag....I might try and do it this afternoon...I so adore books.

CountryMouse said...

This looks like a really good book to read. I made a promise to myself that in 2008 I would find time to read more as I love books and have put this on my reading list.