"HOMEMADE MEMORIES": Valentine's Day
I have very fond memories of Valentine's Day because
my mother created wonderful "HOMEMADE MEMORIES"/traditions
for our little family.
I carried these traditions to my family
and I hope my daughters will continue them with theirs. I had a table & chair set in my bedroom that was like a little art table.
It was sturdy kindergarten furniture because my mom wanted to be able
to sit on a little chair and create with me.
3-D HANGING HEARTS
1. Make a heart shaped template of cardstock or use cookie cutters.
2. Trace around the hearts on cardstock, scrapbook, or construction paper.
3. Cut out 3 hearts for each 3-D heart you're going to make.
4. Use 3 of the same color or print, or mix them up.
5. stack 3 hearts together and staple them in the middle vertically.
(I used red staples because I had them... any color is OK)
6. Fold the top heart in half forwards.
7. Fold the back heart in half backwards.
The picture below is the same completed heart... just photographed several times
so you can see how the folding looks from different angles.
8. I sewed a long black thread (for hanging purposes) to the heart
and the other end tied to a Christmas ornament hanger.
9. I cut a piece of fine wire and twisted on a little red heart I found at a craft store.
10. I added some colored beads and bent the top of the wire
and hooked it through the bottom of the heart.
11. I tied a ribbon on the wire where there weren't any beads.