Thursday, January 10, 2008

"Felting"
I've decided I need to push myself and try new projects & techniques in 2008.
After being in a shop yesterday where they had so many lovely felted mittens,
I went in search on Amazon this morning to find:
inspirations,
ideas,
&
techniques.
The following books were the 2 that appealed to me the most
(at this moment).
Soooo, they have been ordered and will be here by the time I 'felt' some
old sweaters
&
pieces of wool.
Book #1: Warm Fuzzies (click here)
I actually saw a lot of the pages in the books.
When it gives you the option of clicking on "Surprise Me" when you peek inside,
click on that choice a number of times and you will see
lots of different pages from the interior of the book.
Dummy me always thought you clicked once to see one page of their choice.
Keep clicking!!

Hi ho, Hi ho... a felting we will go!

Make this a wonderful day!!

Joni

PS I'm working on some Valentine's Day projects that I'm eager to share soon.

ALSO... Please share any 'felting' pointers with me!!



9 comments:

Junie Moon said...

It's going to be so much fun seeing what you come up with in your felting adventures. It is really helpful to be able to click through some of the book pages shown on Amazon.com.

Angie said...

I can't wait to see, too. I personally LOVE those mittens on the 2nd book cover.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, both of those books look like so much fun. Anxious to see what you make!!!!

Helen said...

OH I love those warm fuzzies! They are adorable. I find it very hard to believe that you need to challenge yourself....puh-lease! Can't wait to see your Valentines Day creations! You are an inspiration Grammy J!

Thimbleanna said...

Warm Fuzzies is the number one book on my wish list for when I spend my amazon gift cert. Just need the time to sit down and make the order! Hope you like it -- have fun with your felting. Can't wait to see your valentine's day creations!

Locket Pocket said...

Hi Joni - I'm quite tempted by the warm fuzzies book too although I have never felted! As for Valentines - come and visit me soon because I have just set up a valentine's swap (at the last minute!) and I'd love you to be part of it! Lucy x

Pam said...

Oh, I've just visited for the first time for some days and I'm so sorry about your accident! Hope you're all mended soon. Happy New Year (so to speak).

Heleen said...

Those books are wonderful! Thank you for sharing. Felting is great I'm curious what you'r felting..

dutchcomfort said...

Another craft to add to the list! You are amazing. The mittens looks gorgeous.