Tuesday, October 16, 2007

An update, award and 'tagged'.

1. An update on my husband. Boyd was released from the hospital at noon today. Yea!!! Boyd is a diabetic and has been for many years. He had a small sore on his foot and within 48 hours his leg was red to his knee. Last Friday we went to the emergency room and they admitted him to the hospital. The fear was that the infection had gone to the bone and then surgery would need to be done. They kept him on IV antibiotics and did an MRI on his foot and leg and so on. Because it hadn't reached the bone he is home as of this afternoon and will have a cast put on his leg this Friday. We feel very Blessed. Until then, he is in the guest room with his foot propped on pillows and the remote in one hand... getting pampered by nurse Joni. Gabby-the-cat was so glad to see him.

2. Nicolette from Devliegendekoe gave me the "You Make Me Smile Award". Thanks Nicolette! That was so sweet. You make me smile, too. If you haven't been to her blogsite... please visit. She is a talented, creative gal from the Netherlands with a heart of gold to others.

3. I was also tagged by Nicolette to to share 6 facts/habits about myself.

The rules:
A. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
B. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names

1. I am so excited... my daughter Wendy is getting married June 28th... there is finally a date! She and Darin have been engaged but just couldn't decide on where to have the wedding as she has friends in so many places. Last week she called and announced that she is coming HOME to get married. The wedding and reception will be at the Country Club and they'll be married on the 18th green. Wendy grew up there golfing and Darin is a golf pro in Phoenix. So it's perfect! And best of all... on the calendar.

2. I watch a movie/DVD with Boyd every night after dinner. We never miss! BBC films and BBC series are our favorites.

3. I am an 'only child' of parents who were 'only children'. I never knew a grandparent and of course there were no aunts, uncles, or cousins. I never minded it... was always busy.

4. I can't wait to be a grandmother (Grammy).

5. I love Europe. I'd move there in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose. I did once before and taught school in Southern Germany about an hour from the Swiss border.

6. I love creamy, sugar free vanilla Chai tea. I order it by the case from http://www.seriouschai.com/. I think you can even order it by just the bag. If you haven't tried their brand (Big Train) it is WONDERFUL !

I need to choose 6 people for the 'Smile' award and the 6 facts/habits about yourself. This is difficult because so many of you make me 'smile'... but here's my list:
Lucy Locket
Helen Hancock
Thimbleanna Anna
Lit chick Mel
Caroline's mom Angie
and a new friend June of Junie Moon
I'd really like to elaborate about why they make me smile but we need to get to the doctor again and the phone keeps ringing and...
Off and running!
Hugs, Joni

9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Hi Joni, wonderful, lovely and kind post! Isn’t it thrilling your girl is getting married! And I would love if you moved to Europe!!

Locket Pocket said...

Thanks Joni! It's really kind of you to nominate me for the award and tag me - I'm glad I make you smile! I'm so pleased to hear that Boyd is home - it must have been very worrying for you both. What exciting news about the wedding! I've recently done a "6 things" tag so do you want to send it to someone else? Can I keep my award though please??????????!!!!!!!!

Angie said...

Thanks for the update. . .and for the award. We're in "pre-op" mode here. Edison's tonsils and adenoids are being removed tomorrow.

He says he's allright, but he's nervous. (So's his mom)

I'll write more later, too. Praying for you guys. . . .

Junie Moon said...

Oh, your poor husband--but I'm glad he's home recovering.

Congratulations on your Smile Award--you make me smile just reading your blog and the emails we've been exchanging. I love the facts about yourself you posted.

Thank you so much for the blessing of choosing me as one of your Smile Award and tag recipients. This is my first award and I'm tickled no end.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for popping over to my blog.
Love your daughters dress-up dogs. Very Cute.
It amazes me how we are all out in blogland but takes us a while to find each other.
I'll be back to your blog for sure.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Oh what a good news blog! Love it! Gosh...does nurse Joni make house calls? Thanks for the award...I shall be sure to blog later. Today I am off to do reading at school this morning and then up for our Thursday lunch with Den. Then Hughie has his monthly reading club "Little Rippers" at Narre Warren library tonight from 4-5pm. Phew! I loved learning more about you GRAMMY J (well remote grandma anyway ... or maybe cyber grandma LOL). Weddings are so fun to plan for - enjoy it all; we adore the BBC stuff; I love Europe also and I am yet to try that tea!

Thanks again Grammy j!!

Thimbleanna said...

Awww, you make me smile too -- all the time! Thanks for tagging me. So glad Boyd is home now -- that's so scary. Hey -- we'll have fun this winter/spring talking weddings -- ours in in May. Of course, you'll have lots more to do than I will -- being the groom's mother and all! and EVERY night? Wow, if I could pry TheManofTheHouse away from the TV shows, I'd love to watch a movie every night!