Saturday, October 6, 2007

In progress

What's happening with the dollhouse?
Here's a sneak-peek into the living room.
I was pushing the furniture around to see what fit and what was needed.
There's a lot of work to be done before the furniture actually stays in the house:
1. Walls painted
2. Wood flooring installed
3. Curtains made
4. 2nd coat of white on stairs and door
5. Etc, etc, etc

I pulled the trunk/coffee table out to take a picture of the magazines on top.
Isn't that a hoot!!
You can buy almost anything for dollhouses... except what you're looking for!

On a different note...
We went to the movies last night and saw 'The Brave One' with Jodie Foster.
We both feel that she should get an Academy nomination for her acting.
There's violence... but WHAT ACTING!!!
And we see a lot of movies.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,
Joni


11 comments:

Angie said...

I am so glad you called. It was great fun - catching up with you. I hope we get a chance to go see that movie. (Or any movie, for that matter!)

Hope your lunch was good. . .the taco salad was JUST RIGHT.

dutchcomfort said...

Lovely to see the progress Joni. I’m ready to move in! And what is it you’re looking for that you can’t find?

Wanda said...

Thanks for the update!!! Just too cute.

Pam said...

You see a lot of movies? You can't possibly. You spend all your time creating things. How many hours do you have in your day?? I see hardly any movies and create nothing. I have just washed my kitchen floor, though; does that count? And there were five of us for dinner tonight (plus kittens) and there will be (pauses to count) seven tomorrow. Sos this is a lot of shopping. But still. Sigh.

Amanda Jean said...

your little coffee table with quilting magazines is perfect! I love that little detail in your adorable doll house. :)

Anne said...

Your little house is too cute. I wanna know what it is that you can't find. I've spent lotsa time searching for all sorts of goodies for my rooms so I may know of a source. Besides, inquiring minds wanna know. Do tell!

Helen said...

Gosh I am so happy to see a doll's house update....the rooms just look amazing - and they are not even done yet! Yikes! I shall be sure to watch that movie when it comes out - no trips to the movies these days - have to wait for the DVD! But we like the comfort of our own lounge room anyways. Cheers Joni!

Kate said...

I can't think what else you need! You makin' a quilt to go on the back of the sofa? hehe

Baboona said...

Its cute, warm,and alive with all the magazines and plants that look like a real house!!

Junie Moon said...

I love your dollhouse littles. We just received our Club Little House packages recently and everybody made the most fantastic tiny things--so much fun.

AMY said...

My daughter loves the tiny magazines. Very fun stuff.