Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quick Seasonal Decorations

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, you just might need a simple centerpiece or a side table touch-of-the-season. Here are a few simple ideas that you can pull together quick-as-a-wink!!

A candle in a glass vase, sconce, etc and a bit of color!! Cranberries add that touch of red and feeling of the season. Also great for Christmas!Twigs, acorns, a few leaves and you celebrate the Holiday with an Autumn feel!

A little red... a little green.... candles and glass! Always a winner!


My favorite... gather and polish acorns... glue on their caps... remember that big trees grow from these tiny pretties. Speaking of polish... grab a few small pumpkins (some white if you can find them)... wash them and polish them with furniture polish. A lovely luster! Table-worthy. We're celebrating Thanksgiving at Boyd's parent's home this year. His brother and his sister and her family... also Kristin is here from Chicago!! Yeah!! I never take time with my daughters for granted. My other daughter Wendy and her husband Darin are going to Hawaii for the week. I wish them a safe, fun, and relaxing trip.
I believe in the power of prayer! Prayers for my friend Marcia, her dad 'Dutch', and family at the loss of her mother this week will be appreciated.
Make this a great day!!
Joni

9 comments:

Anina said...

Thanks for the wonderful ideas and beautiful photos Joni!

dutchcomfort said...

Thanks Joni!! So good to see your wonderful ideas. I love those glass vases. We call them ‘accubakken’, ... for some strange reason!

Hugs!!

Angie said...

Wonderful pics. I've already made the "switch" over to Christmas decorations -- so I'm going to use the cranberry one with candles. I think that will be pretty.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Joni. It's so good to be back in touch with you....
A

Chris H. said...

LOVE the acorns.
I'd love to find a good supply of those little beauties!!! My yard has none...

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful! Did you create all of them? We'll start decorating for Christmas this Friday. I love my fall decorations, but I'm ready for a change. Have a wonderful holiday!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous jars! And I have leftover cranberries from my pie!!!
Happy Thanksgiving, Joni--I'm glad you're back in the blogosphere!

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful centerpieces Joni! I hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Helen said...

Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving Grammy J!!!

Rhona said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed your time with your daughter and the rest of the family.
I love the candle and cranberries idea, it looks so festive and would be beautiful for Christmas.
Prayers sent for your friend and her family.
xx