Monday, November 9, 2009

Before and After...

Yes... this is the chaos (somewhat organized chaos) that was my desk and work space at our house in Green Bay.
And then we moved to Oshkosh several weeks ago and I had to sort it all out. BIG JOB!!

Now we are in our 'new old house' and I am loving my new organized spot. I found this wooden desk organizer at Achievers... a chain scrapbook Store. It holds sooooo much!! It certainly helped my desktop!!I found this great little red shelf at Potterybarnkids.com. Perfect for treasures that I like to look at over-and-over and things that inspire me!


Here's a peek at my half of the new-old computer room. I am really enjoying working in this area. I didn't realize how much I needed ORDER to create in. I actually designed and made my Christmas cards the other day (another post).

I am so happy about our move... now that it's over!! I needed a decorating project and this house needed redecorating. I took pictures yesterday and will gradually share them with you this week and next.
Make this a good day!!
Joni
PS Today's my 66th birthday!!
More photos about that in the next few days!!

11 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Joni!!! Your new space looks great -- I LOVE that making memories carosel -- I've been eyeing it myself!

Anonymous said...

Many Happy returns of the day!
I bet that new space will inspire all kinds of good creations! It looks great.

Angie said...

Happy Birthday, my friend. I have missed chatting with you so much. I'm so glad you're back to blogging. Now, if I can just keep myself in gear, I'll be back to blogging, too!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Helen said...

Happy Birthday Grammy J!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday! I love decorating, but I'm not ready to move and there's not much left to be done here that I can afford! I do keep reorganizing the study, and it could sure use some purging again.

Rhona said...

I'm so glad I popped over to your blog so I get the chance to wish you a very Happy Birthday! I hope you're having a wonderful day :)

You have no idea how much I could do with that carosel, it's beautiful - I've been looking at them over here but they're pretty pricey :( Enjoy yours though!
xx

Junie Moon said...

Happy birthday to you, Joni! I hope it's a day full of fun, laughter, and the many blessings life bestows.

I'm with you on needing a creative space in which to work that's organized. While things often get easily cluttered during a project, as soon as I can I get it cleaned up and organized again. My chaotic mind works better when all else around me is sorted out and clean.

prashant said...

m so glad I popped over to your blog so I get the chance to wish you a very Happy Birthday!

Work from home India

Lynda said...

Joni,

Just found your blog and love the use of that white organizational thing! I saw it at Michaels and didn't know what I'd do with it. It sure would help me! Can you come over and help me get my room organized?

Lynda

http://www.heartwriting.biz/blog

jacquie said...

happy, happy belated birthday! your new space is looking great. glad you are enjoying it!

karen said...

Happy Birthday - have a great year!!