I finally finished the purse I started several weeks ago.
It was really a learning experience!
Purse #1 was made without a pattern... copied a Vera Bradley bag that I own. It was a rather easy bag to make. Thank goodness! I'm giving it to a teacher friend for a back-to-school present.
Purse #2 is only my 4th sewing project.
I used an AMY BUTLER pattern and KAFFE FASSETT fabric.
It's difficult to see in the photo, but the top of the bag is slightly smaller than the bottom. It's designed that way. However, I sewed pieces upside down several times... and ripped and ripped and ripped. There are 2 sets of pockets in the inside (purple and white polka dot fabric) and I sewed them upside down, too.
I'm not even going to start sharing the interfacing fiasco I had. But the results were that I had the poor little purse so stiff that I couldn't turn it inside out.
Maybe I'll put a plant in it.
The overall look is what I wanted, but I took so many extra steps to get there. I should make another one right away while the 'learning' is fresh in my head.
I think I'll read a book!