A FAVORITE QUOTE
1. I found a quote that I really love.
2. I wanted to display it.
3. I wanted to create it in a mixed-media format.
4. I love houses and wanted to incorporate them into the product.
5. I wanted to try some new techniques... explore
mixed-media a bit further.
6. It needed a yellow background to go with our new bedding.
1. I adhered newspaper (the home section) to a stretched
canvas with a gel medium. Coated it under & over.
2. When it was dry I painted it a light yellow with acrylic paint.
I wanted some of the newspaper to show through.
3. I played with letters to form the quote. I changed them
for several days until they felt right.
4. I cut the simple houses and tried them in a variety of positions.
5. When I felt pleased with the arrangement I glued things down.
6. I added embellishments for detail and depth.