Wednesday, January 15, 2014

GOTTA LOVE A SNOWMAN

When the Christmas tree and all of the decorations are packed away, and it's too early for Valentine's Day, what do you do? Despite the Winter snow and ice outside, I decorate with snowmen and snowflakes.

The framed snowmen pictures are borrowed from Pintrest, but the idea is mine. I looked for photos that would lend themselves to vertical mat openings. The frame was from TJ Maxx/HomeGoods.... loved the price and quality. However, frames with multiple openings can be found anyplace. Instead of hanging it on the wall, it is sitting in a twisted wire plate holder on an end table in the den just because I like pictures at a variety of heights in the room. The ceramic snowmen are just a few from my snowmen collection. I try to create one new thing a year to add to my seasonal changes.

 
By the way, I finished The Fat Chef earlier in the week. I really enjoyed the story and look forward to reading other books by that author. So, if you're looking for a book (I'm always looking) , you might like this. When I finished it, the WWII setting isn't what lingered, it was the love story.
 
 
Make this a great day!
 
Joni

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Your snowmen are so cute Joni. I LOVE the pinterest pictures in the frame -- especially that shot on the right hand side!

Needled Mom said...

That is such a great idea. The snowmen would certainly melt here in So CA!!!

Anonymous said...

I jotted down that book title and author for future reference--as soon as I finish the pile of books I have here!
We're snowman people here, too. Love them all.

Rhona said...

Well, I've loved catching up with your blog. We don't tend to decorate much over here - really just Easter (but not many people do), Halloween and Christmas.
I hope you're keeping well and look forward to staying in touch through your blog :) x

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.