Friday, May 2, 2008

SHOW and TELL
~
Here is my new Jelly Roll of 'Fresh Squeezed' (Moda)
in the process of
becoming a table runner to brighten up
the breakfast nook.
I planned on sewing all day yesterday but
the UPS man didn't arrive until late afternoon.
So... this is as far as I got.
I'll work on it this weekend and see if I can
finish it by Monday.

I joined Jenny Craig (a weight loss program & center).
I'm on my 4th week and weigh in on Tuesday.
I've tried other programs and had so little success
but this program seems to work for me.
You choose, buy, and eat their food.
You have a weekly one-to-one meeting with your consultant.
They monitor your journal very carefully.
They monitor your exercise.
~
In the first 3 weeks I lost 9.9 lbs!!
Boyd is so supportive and helpful.
Thanks, Honey!!
The food is delicious.
Last night for dinner I had their chili baked in a green pepper
sprinkled with a bit of Parmesan cheese.
I had fat-free sour cream on top.
It was yummy!
~
Make this a fan-tastic weekend!!
Hugs,
Joni

13 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations on nearly 10 pounds!!! That's Awesome!

I'm going to get back on track. We've pledged, as a family, to spend more time outside -- which will be a HUGE hit with Caroline. She loves to be outside.

I've been meaning to ask about the purse --- could this be for an upcoming wedding . . .hmmmm?

artisbliss said...

Excellent, Joni!! Congrats on the weight loss (I feel your pain, sister).

Love the table runner in progress.

Angie said...

::hee:: I remembered the wedding colors and just assumed! : )

Have a wonderful weekend. I'll probably post tomorrow - maybe with layout pictures! We'll see. . .

Molly said...

That's really happy fabric! Way to go on the weight loss! Keep up the good work!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That fabric is delightful, and I never say that. It's just so cheery! Congratulations on the weight loss! I need to get off my butt and do something.

Nan said...

Well you put me to shame, I think in the past month I've probably gained weight and I wanted to loose some before my daughters wedding! YIKES!!

Love the "jelly roll" fabric! It's so cheerful, it's sure to do the trick in brightening up the area you are making it for!

nicole said...

the table runner looks great joni...anxious to see the final product!!
and also congrats on the weight loss - that is awesome!!
have you still been walking too?? the 100 march totally wiped me out...and april was not to consistent...need to get back to my regular routine this month...and you are inspiring me to do so with your achievements as well!

Wanda said...

Congratulations ~~~ You are on your way ~~~ what a great beginning!!

I love all your sewing projects, you are just the greatest when it come to sewing creation!!!

jacquie said...

Congratulations! I've lost 12 and that's with 3 months of hard workouts at the gym! I must be doing something wrong.

Helen said...

I love the little tea cups across the top Joni. Congrats on the weight loss....so nice to hear Boyd is behind you ... makes all the difference. Hope you had a lovely weekend.

Junie Moon said...

Your sewing project is looking fabulous there, Miss Joni! And congratulations on your success with the Jenny Craig diet--I am super impressed.

Thimbleanna said...

WooHoo! Congratulations Joni -- it sounds like you're well on your way. I sure wish I could say the same thing -- I think I've undone any good I did with my dieting the last few weeks by trying out cupcake recipes for the rehearsal dinner favors.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the wight loss - that is amazing news!!!! I just tried Lite n Easy this week which is premade food aswell and I couldnt do it!! I was so sick of frozen meals and so I didnt order again this week - hopefully I can try and keep control of me eating regardless (fat chance!!) You go girl - keep up the motivation and discipline!!