Monday, May 12, 2008

SCRAPPING
~
I didn't start making scrapbook layouts until about 5 years ago.
My daughters are 35 & 38...
I have lots and lots of years to catch up on.
I don't make layouts in any order... just what appeals to
me at the moment.
~
So many people are using plain backgrounds but I can't resist
PATTERNED PAPER.
I love what others do... but this is just my style!
~
I do most of my mini-albums digitally... but my
12" x 12" pages won't print on my printer.
And I love to play with the paper & glue.
I'm a very tactile person.
~
Kristin is in the spotlight today.
This is one of my favorite layouts.
Kristin still loves toast and butter for a snack.
And she's slim and trim despite it.
~
Click on the picture to read the story.
I was pregnant with Kristin and teaching in Germany.
My friends had a baby shower for me.
These are recently recovered photos made from slides
we discovered cleaning the basement.

"Two tired ladies taking a rest" tells it's own story.


It was so exciting decorating for Christmas for unborn
Kristin.
Living in Germany there were so many wonderful shops
and fests to find Christmas goodies.
I made gingerbread men and popcorn for the tree.
~
Oooooo... the importance of pictures to activate
all those wonderful memories.
I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.
With both girls home it was "the best"!

Hugs to you all!
Joni

12 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Hello Mrs. Yummers! You’ve made some wonderful scrapbook pages loaded with lots of precious memories. I love your cheerful backgrounds. Did you really tag little gingerbead men onto the Christmas tree picture?
Good to hear your Mother’s Day was a real fine one with the two girls at home!
Happy week!

Junie Moon said...

Your scrapbook pages are gorgeous, Joni! And I loved living in Germany, too, and am blessed with having been able to live there twice.

Molly said...

Oh, I love these! They made me smile. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

KC Quilter said...

Oh, Joni, I love, love, love these pages!!!! You are so tempting me to get into digital scrapbookig!!! Can you recommend a good beginner software program?

Thimbleanna said...

How fun Joni! You were such a cutie when you were PG! I e-mailed my MIL a pic of my son over the weekend and she actually asked me what I do with all of my pictures -- she just doesn't get the whole picture taking thing. Maybe they'll go to the big recycling pile in the sky when I'm gone, but until then, I'm going to enjoy the ability to hold my memories in my hands!

Mom IsAmagpie said...

What beautiful pages! It couldn't have hurt you working with photos of such beautiful people.

Angie said...

These are just darling, my friend! Keep it up. You do great work.

I agree.. .. I love the PG pics!!

artisbliss said...

These are great and just prove to me that it's never too late to put your kids' photos into a scrapbook--which is good news in my case!

Wanda said...

I have friends who are so into scrap booking ~~~~ Your pages are wonderful ~~ But then Joni, you do everything so so good!!

Love and Hugs
Wanda

jacquie said...

So you are telling me there is still time! I have "baby boxes" of stuff I've saved that are waiting to be scrapped. My kids are only 17 and 19. Why hurry...I have lots of time.

Indigo Blue said...

What a lovely blog! I shall certainly be back for moe. Many thanks for visiting mine the other day. The wedding shower certainly looked like a lot of fun.

Helen said...

OH MY! Where to start. You had your girls there...wonderful! These pages are gorgeous...but to see the Joni of days gone by (your girls are so you) was the definite hightlight....you were/are stunning. Loved it.