Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What a SURPRISE!!


Monday began as usual... a cuppa Chai Tea at the computer while I watched the videos for my "She Art" workshop in my jammies. By the way... loving that workshop and would recommend it to everyone.

My daughter Kristin called. She lives in Denver (Cherry Creek) and said she was in the Chicago airport and on her way to Boston. I continued to watch the videos from my class while we talked and she said, "What are you doing today, Mom?" Her voice sounded like there was an echo. For some reason I turned around and she was standing right behind my computer chair... grinning her beautiful smile!!
It was the best surprise ever!!
Kristin was so excited that she had "pulled it off" as so many people knew she was going to try and surprise me. And she did!!

We spent the day and night together and then she had a meeting in Green Bay and then back to the airport to head home to Denver.

What a WONDERFUL 24 hours!!

Thank you sooooo much Kristin!!
Love you mucho,
~Mom

5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

How fun! I'll bet you two had a fantastic time -- aren't daughters wonderful!

dutchcomfort said...

You must have been thrilled about this surprise visit!

Anonymous said...

I bet you almost fell over in shock! I would've! What a cool surprise;)

Baboona said...

What a wonderful surprise!!

Angie said...

I did that once - to my dad. He thought Mom had gone over to N. Indiana to visit her sister -- she really had driven to Indianapolis to get me. When we got home, he was sleeping on the couch.

I walked over, tapped him on the shoulder - and the look on his face was priceless.

Kudos to K for pulling off such a wonderful surprise!!