Monday, October 11, 2010

Marathon Shopping

Kristin and Wendy were home for the weekend. It is always sooooo good to have them both under my roof!! We laughed and laughed and shopped and shopped. Kristin lives in Chicago (anyone want to rent or buy a cute condo on Michigan Ave?) and although she has access to great stores in Chicago, the sales tax is 10%. The moving van is coming to her Chicago place this week and she wanted to shop for her Denver place (Cherry Creek) as our sales tax is only 5%.

So... we shopped Friday evening and most of Saturday.
FUN, FUN, FUN! 

 She got the car packed and the realized that her suitcases needed to squeeze in someplace and so did Wendys. And... she was picking up her friend Katie and her luggage in Milwaukee and giving her a ride to Chicago.

 Kristin bought 16 place settings of FiestaWare in yummy colors!
And lamps, towels, etc.
I got a text saying they had arrived home safely!
I can't wait to hear the story of how they all fit in the car.

See you at Thanksgiving!
I'm flying to Denver for a few days to see Kristin's new home and then the 2 of us will fly to Phoenix together for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving at Wendy and Daren's is always a blast!
XOXO
Joni

6 comments:

Rhona said...

It looks like your shopping was very lucrative :) I'd love to know how they fit everything into the car too!
Have a great time in Denver and Phoenix xx

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- looks like the shopping adventure was a huge success! How exciting to be moving to Denver, but sorry she'll be so much farther away from you. You'll have to let us know how everyone fit into the car!

Anonymous said...

How much fun! We have a friend who lives in Denver and just loves it there. Your Thanksgiving plans sound wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Happy traveling!

twobutterflies said...

Hi Joni - This is Jenn, Kristin's friend. We were talking blogs this weekend in Phoenix and I knew I had to check yours out - I love it!!! Your photography is great.
I know you'll be sad to see Kristin move but I can't wait for her to get here to Colorado - I'll help her put all that Fiestaware away!!
You can check out my blog if you'd like at www.mytwobutterflies.blogspot.com

Helen said...

love it when you spend time with your girls!