Tuesday, February 17, 2009

AN UPDATE...
First the computer crashed and I replaced it with a new HP laptop... which didn't work when we got it home. Boyd spent 2 days trying to tweak it into operation. Finally we broke down and hired 'The Geek Squad' to come out and work their magic. 4 hours later it seemed to be up and running... until they walked out the door. Meanwhile... Boyd started running a fever. We thought it was a virus that everyone seems to have. Finally I dragged him to the Emergency room and they put him in the Intensive Care Unit. 104 degree fever and scary white blood cell counts. Many 'scans' later they found the infection site... in a bone in his leg. He has had massive doses of antibiotics and came home last night... after 10 days in the hospital. They inserted a tube into his heart and taped to his chest... as he needs to have a bag of antibiotics twice daily for 2 months at home through this tube.

As I ran back and forth to the hospital I ate a lot of junk food. Today I will head to the grocery store to stock our depleted food supplies and cook some tasty & healthy meals... after the Visiting Nurse comes... and in the predicted freezing rain.

And the computer still doesn't work!

Please add Boyd to your prayers.

18 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry about Boyd. I don't know either of you but man he seems like quite a nice man.

melanie said...

How scary! Praying for both of you.

Junie Moon said...

Oh my goodness, Joni, I will certainly keep Boyd in my thoughts and prayers as well as you. Although I live a ton of miles away, if there is anything at all I can do to help, please let me know.

sassy said...

Oh Yummers my thoughts are with you. Poor Boyd, he's lucky to have you to nurse him back to health. Remeber to take your vitamins and take care of yourself too!
xox Sassy

dutchcomfort said...

Sorry to hear about Boyd Joni!!! I will be thinking of the both of you and keep my fingers crossed for a speedy and complete recovery!!
Hugs and take care!!

Danielle said...

Oh my! When it rains, it pours. I will certainly pray for Boyd and for your busted laptop! I miss your sunny posts!

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Joni. I'll put him on my prayer list.

Angie said...

Oh Joni, he will certainly be in our prayers, and you, too. We've all missed seeing and hearing from you -- but taking care of him is SO much more important.

Give him a hug from a friend in TN!! :)

Anina said...

Wow, Joni! Way too much drama!
Boyd is in my thoughts. I hope he's back to his old self soon.

Rhona said...

Hope Boyd makes a full recovery as quickly as possible. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Take care xxx

artisbliss said...

Oh, my goodness. I will pray for you both. Keep us posted as you can.

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Joni, that's awful!!! I hope Boyd will hurry and get well soon. And take care of you too!

KC Quilter said...

Oh my gosh, Joni, I just read about Boyd. How scary. I will definitely keep you both in my thoughts. I sure hope he is all back to normal soon. Take care.

Mom IsAmagpie said...

That's very scary, you and Boyd will be in my thoughts.

Helen said...

OH Joni! That is no good at all! Sending loads of positive energy from downunder up to Boyd! (and you nurse Joni)

Molly said...

Oh, Joni, I'm sorry you have had such a rough couple of weeks, but thankful that Boyd is better. I will be praying for both of you. Take care of yourself, too, as you take care of him!

jacquie said...

oh joni, i'm so sorry..how stressful for you. boyd is surely in my prayers and so are you. take good care.

Baboona said...

I'm sorry to hear about Boyd ...I hope he gets well soon...take care :)